Gas dynamic cold spray is a coating deposition method which uses kinetic energy for bonding
- The kinetic energy of the particles, supplied by the expansion of the gas, is converted to plastic deformation energy during bonding.
- Unlike thermal spraying techniques, e.g. plasma spraying and high velocity oxygen fuel, the powders are not melted during the spraying process.
- No melting of the coating material, therefore the coating has approx. the same characteristics like the feed material
- Minimal thermal stress for the substrate
- Typical Applications: Heat sink coatings, Conductor path, Repair (copper, aluminum)
Get in touch with our APS Expert